Friday, April 8, 2011
Mushroom Omelette with Rice
Today I made mushroom omelette with rice. I'm thinking of adding a breakfast series here in my blog. I love breakfast, I really believe it is the most important meal of the day and if I don't have any full breakfast. I get cranky and my tummy hurts. Oh and I love eggs. I could eat them at any way you cook them. Today I decided to cook them as omelette's because I found some mushroom on our pantry. I forgot to add cheese though. Cheesy mushroom omelette would have been better. And unlike other people, I didn't use oil but chose butter instead. Mushroom cooked in butter is pure heaven for me. I love it when the butter is incorporated to the mushroom. Overall I had a good breakfast. With my 3 in 1 coffee with me and steaming hot rice, it was pure joy eating this simple food. Here's my recipe:
1/2 cup mushroom
3 tbsp. butter
dash of salt
1. Heat your butter into the pan. Don't wait until it brown but when the butter melts add your mushroom.
2. After 30 seconds or when you can tell that the mushroom is cooked or is a little more brown, add scrambled eggs with a dash of salt.
3. Wait till the outside of the scrambled egg is cooked then flip it half way.
4. Wait for a 30 seconds or until you are sure the eggs is fully cooked.
5. Best serve with rice or toasted bread.
I hope you enjoy my recipe. You can add more if you want to. Like I said, if I had cheese I would have added cheese or even hot dogs! This is what great about omelettes because you can add anything you want in it.
Keep on eating and blogging!!!