Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chicken Marinated in Ginger with Creamy Basil Sauce and Rice


This was my lunch yesterday. It is one of my experiment recipe and I must say I like the result. The chicken was spicy and the sauce compliment it well. The marinated chicken was for another type of dish but I tried making some sauce for it. The result was great. I love creamy sauce and I was not disappointed on this experiment recipe. Try it out yourself! 

Ingredients:
Chicken Fillet 
Ginger Juice (You can do this by grating the ginger then squeeze the juice out of it. Do not add water)
salt
pepper
Magic Sarap (You can skip this one if you don't like magic sarap)

for the sauce:
2 tbsp. butter
3 cloves of garlic 
dried basil leaves (we dont have fresh ones)
1/2 cup all purpose cream (i'm not really sure how much cream I put because I just base this on my taste, this is my approximate of it. You can add more if you want.)
salt and pepper to taste
water to thin the sauce

Marinate the chicken fillet in ginger juice, salt, pepper and Magic Sarap for one hour or more. After that fry it in butter. You can make the sauce afterwards by heating the butter first, add the minced garlic and when it turns slightly brown add the all purpose cream. You can the dried basil leaves and sat and pepper to taste. If you think your sauce is too thick, you can add water to it. Plate your chicken and add the sauce afterwards. 

I ate this with rice. Can't help it rice is a staple food here! LOL.

Well I hope you enjoy my simple experiment recipe.

Keep on eating and blogging!!!  

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this out, and give you a feedback, Phoebes!

    This recipe is very creative; I think it will also taste great with pasta and potatoes, but I get you with rice.

    Wholeheartedly agreeing: everything taste best wtih rice! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna: Oh please let me know! I think you'll like the way the chicken is marinated with ginger. It actually has another different sauce but I'll post next time. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...