The first time that I tasted Kimchi Fried Rice was when my friend Marie brought me to a Korean-Japanese restaurant in U.P. Diliman. I forgot the name of that place but I'm sure if you are in U.P. you can find it right away. At first I was having doubts about it because I'm not a big fan of kimchi. When I tasted it though my mind changed about kimchi. I love it!!! I bought one home afterwards and my sisters love it. I decided I would try to recreate this dish and make it a pinoy style kimchi friend rice.
a can of corned beef (you can choose whatever brand you want and you can also choose ground beef for this)
1/2 cup chopped kimchi (don't forget the liquid part of the kimchi. you can add more if you wan't to make it more spicy)
1 minced small onion
2 minced cloves garlic
2 tbsp. oil
4 cups of leftover rice (i prefer the rice cooked a day before because newly cooked rice is not as good)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cooked one of the egg scrambled and the other one sunny side up. Set aside.
2. Saute the garlic and onion.
3. Add the kimchi.
4. Add the corned beef.
5. Add the rice. Make sure that yo mix everything well.
6. After a few minutes add the liquid part of the kimchi. You'll notice that the color of the rice would turn red-orange.
7. Mix it well and then when you feel like it is almost cook you can add the scrambled egg.
8. Serve this with the other egg like on this picture below.
This is probably one of my favorite breakfast and one way to eat kimchi if you don't like the taste much. Believe me you'll start to like it after eating this dish!
Hope you guys like this post!
Keep on eating and blogging!!!