Friday, September 9, 2011

First Gourmet Academy 7th Cooking Session











It was 7th session of cooking class and at this time, it was more fun for us all. We all know each other and it felt like me and my cooking classmate are long time friends. This cooking session is about American cuisine and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even if we made a small accident! We put salt on the apples instead of the sugar! It was fixed afterwards though by one of the Chef that was helping us. I realize with that accident that being a chef means you have to fix your mistakes in cooking. No time to panic or to regret because time is important.


The salted apples... LOL

Anyway, here are the dishes we made that night.


Caesar Salad with Chicken. We made the dressing from scratch and I love it! It tastes way better than those bottled dressings you buy from the grocery store.


Fried Pork Chop with Caramelized Apples and Onions. I admit. This would tasted a lot better if we didn't salted the apples! It was still great though, the sauce goes perfectly well with the pork.


I forgot to take a picture of the blueberry cobbler! It was one of the best dessert I tasted in cooking class and I'm gonna recreate that dish soon! 

Overall, I had a great time with this session and I had leftovers for home. My parents love the Caesar salad!



Chef Mats signing autographs of his cookbook.

Hope you enjoy my post!



Keep on eating and blogging!!! 

1 comment:

  1. What a scrumptious treat! I recently came across your bog and I found this very interesting posts of you! Nice blog!

    Not Your Ordinary Beauty Queen - H&M Leather Bands Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...