Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hummus



When my friend Marie brought me in a Middle Eastern restaurant once (I forgot the name of the resto) and she insisted that I tried their "hummus". I was like, what is that? Vegetables? She said it was made from either chick peas or eggplant. I was really curious and I was glad I tasted it because I love the taste! Perhaps it was the texture or the nutty flavor, I really love it.

That's why when my friend who came from UAE (she worked there for a couple of years) told me she knows  how to make hummus from scratch, I immediately asked her to teach me how. I wasn't satisfied with the result but it tasted okay. I guess the restaurant have a different recipe, but here it goes.

All you need is to blend chick pea with lemon juice, olive oil, sesame oil, water (you can use the water from the chick pea. Season with sale and pepper. You can garnish with paprika and parsley. Easy right? And this is  the end result...


I didn't have pita bread when we made this and use flour tortillas instead. You can just heat it up for a few seconds and you are ready to eat! You guys should try this very simple dish and I'm sure you'll love it.


Keep on eating and blogging!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...