Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First Gourmet Academy 2nd Cooking Session


In this picture Chef Mats is showing us how to prepare the ingredients the right way. This is what I really love during the cooking class I took on First Gourmet Academy. Chef Mats is really a hands on chef. This is the second cooking session we had.

That session we learned about different cooking methods especially moist heat cooking method that we used to cooked our dishes that night. 



My classmates listening intently at Chef Mats.


Poached Salmon with Vegetable Julienne and Star Anise Sauce. I must say that dish really surprised me because the fish and the sauce really goes well together. I even tried to recreate this at home. And I now know a new way to cooked my vegetables and still make it yummy.


Pasta with Tomato Sauce and Capers. This is probably one of my favorite in the class. I actually made my own recipe for tomato sauce based on this dish. I'll post about it next time. I love how the olives and capers goes well together with the tomato sauce. I love pasta!


 Creme Brulee. One of my favorite dessert. Sinfully delicious!


Waiting our turn for the creme brulee!

Well I hope you guys like this post.

Keep eating and blogging!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't normally enjoy sweets but I love creme brulee! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gellie: hi gellie thanks for dropping by! and yes creme brulee is the best!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...