I have many recipes of pasta sauces before and this is by far one of my favorite. I learned this from cooking class in First Gourmet Academy. I loved it so much that I made this at home and made my own version on it. I added hotdogs! Sometimes I use tuna or anything available but hotdogs are the best one for me. Here's my recipe and I hope you guys like it!
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/2 cup red wine
2 cups crushed tomato in can
25 gms. capers
35 gms. black olives
35 gms. green olives
2 tbsp. basil leaves, sliced
1 pc. micned red chili
chicken hotdogs, fried separately (as many as you like!)
500 gms. pasta (cooked according to directions)
1. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
2. Add reed wine and let reduce until almost dry.
3. Add the crushed tomatoes and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes on low heat.
4. Add the olives, chili and capers. Bring to a boil and add basil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve it with pasta and chicken hotdogs.
This is so easy to do and you can use chicken or tuna. Here's a picture I took with the ingredients I use for this type of sauce and I used tuna as the meat of it.
I also made one just as it is without any meat and it still taste good!
I hope you guys like my pasta dish!
Keep on eating and blogging!!!